Welcome to the inaugural “Impact of E-Negotiation” newsletter!
This newsletter will cover some of the most important news and trends that affect the CP to Retailer buying/selling relationship, as well as how e-negotiation plays a role. Our goal is to make the newsletter impactful to all entities in the space – CPGs, Retailers, Brokers, and Distributors – and cover topics that are relevant to all levels of an organization.
Despite numerous IT investments in servicing the retail supply chain, syndicated POS, CRM and TPM/TPO, consumer products (CP) companies are still selling the most expensive way possible. They are stuck using Excel and long email chains as well as completing multiple portal entries to communicate pricing, product, promotional and placement details and recommendations to their customers for each and every offer or new product opportunity. This archaic cycle eats away as much as 65% of a salesperson’s time every week.
And CP companies are doing so in an economic environment that continues to push for greater speed and to do “more with less”. However, to do more with less, something needs to change. That change is e-negotiation.
The benefits of e-negotiation are simple:
• Eliminate the redundant and fragmented sales negotiation process that is slowing your sales efforts
• Speed up sales negotiations and decision-making on both sides of the deal
• Give your sales team more time to sell, collaborate and deepen customer relationships
A faster sales negotiation process via e-negotiation provides salespeople with potentially more meaningful face time with customers and more customer- and offer-specific data to:
• Capitalize on more retailer sales opportunities, such as with regional, local and customer-specific needs (for example, Hispanic or natural)
• Identify and exploit all potential revenue
• Secure shelf or floor space before your competitors
• Donate or destroy fewer products
Today, CP teams are facing pressures to execute e-commerce and omni-channel initiatives; they must battle against increased competition from private label and local brands; and they need to grow everyday sales with fewer people to execute. E-negotiation creates a path for CP companies to succeed with retail partners by selling more efficiently and effectively.
Founder & CEO
Interested in receiving the "Impact of E-Negotiation" newsletter directly in your inbox? Sign up here: